The application packet must be submitted either in person or by express mail to the address indicated below prior to the application deadline (postmarked according to the deadline stated in the most recent Admissions Handbook). International express service such as DHL or FedEx is recommended for application packets mailed from overseas.
— Office hour: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm —
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student.
(Please refer to TNUA Regulations Regarding International Student Admission and MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan )
- Complete on-line application and print out 2 copies. (Signature required)
- Prepare the entry documents and required documents by the departments/graduate institutes, and pay the application fee, NTD 2,000.
*Note: Applicants of the International Master of Arts Program in Cultural and Creative Industries (IMCCI) do not have to pay the application fee if they also apply for the ICDF Scholarship.
- Submit application (hard copy) to the Office of International Affairs BEFORE April 1st 2020. (Late applications will not be processed.)
- Admission result will be announced by the end of June.
- the 2020 IMCCI application period can be found here.
Documents Required for Application
- One copy of application form (with one 2 inches bareheaded bust photo).
- One photocopy of passport.
- Four copies of study plan (2,000 words max.), including a cover page, paginated index, summary, study goals, literature review, research methods and bibliography. On the cover page please list the title of the plan, the applicant’s name, nationality, and latest degree.
- Four copies of resume and autobiography: resume should include educational background and working experience (preferably verified).
- Four copies of career plan (describe your personal career plan within five years of graduating from the program).
- Four copies of the highest academic degree or current enrollment certificate (with one original copy). The diploma should be in Chinese or English and verified by the R.O.C. (Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate/Representative Office in the country the document is issued.
- Four copies of the updated transcript in English (with one official copy). The official copy should be in Chinese or English and verified by the R.O.C. (Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate/ Representative Office in the country the document is issued.
- Four copies of master-level English proficiency (with one official copy): the certificate (validity within three years) must be above TOEFL-iBT 79, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, or BULATS 75 (Level 4).
*Note: Applicants are exempt from this requirement if from countries whose official language is English.
- A letter of recommendation is not mandatory, however, it is highly recommended to send one with your application.
♦ Item 3~5 should be expressed only in English.
♦ Item 3~8 required Four copies of each set of documents, they are to be of A4 size and accordingly bound together.
Useful Link for Application
- Overseas Academic Credentials
All overseas academic credentials have to confirm to relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of R.O.C. Taiwan. At the time of registration/enrollment at the school, those holding overseas academic credentials have to submit related documents verified by Taiwan overseas representative offices (see Appendix 1). Otherwise, their admission will be annulled.
- Academic Background Requirement-Master’s Programs.
- Those with bachelor’s degree.
- Those who are expecting their bachelor’s degree in the current academic year.
- Those with equivalent educational level (to that of Taiwan’s academic degree system) for entering master’s programs.
- International students, who have been dismissed by from universities/college after admission due to behavior issues, poor academic performances or a conviction under the Criminal Law, are not allowed to apply for admission via this channel. Should any of the above violation cases be verified, the applicant’s student status will be revoked immediately.
- An international student submitting forged, fabricated, or altered papers for the purpose of the their school application shall be subject to enrollment qualification cancellation; or a revocation of enrollment and denial to the request of any certificate pertaining to study, if the said student is already enrolled; or revocation of graduation qualifications and cancellation of the diploma by the student’s school, if the said student has been already graduated.
- In accordance with MOE’s regulations regarding the recognition of academic credentials, holders of passing certificate of appraisal of academic achievement examination issued by foreign institutes are not eligible for application in terms of academic background.
Tel. | +886-2 2893 – 8197 ; +886-2 2896 – 1000*3462
E-mail | email@example.com
Address | IMCCI
Taipei National University of the Arts
No.1, Xue Yuan Road, Beitou District, Taipei City