The Taiwan Scholarship program is a joint initiative launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and the National Science Council (NSC) in 2004. At the Republic of China’s centennial in 2011, the Taiwan Scholarship program evolved into the MOFA Taiwan Scholarship program and the MOE Taiwan Scholarship program in order to cater to students of varying backgrounds.
The MOE Taiwan Scholarship continues to encourage outstanding students to pursue academic degrees in Taiwan and to deepen their understanding of Taiwan’s academic environment, thereby enhancing exchanges and building friendships between Taiwan and their home nations.
- Waiver of tuition and certain fees. A monthly stipend of NTD 15,000 for undergraduate program students, and NTD 20,000 for postgraduate students.
- Undergraduate program: four years maximum. Master’s program: two years maximum. Doctoral program: four years maximum.
- Maximum duration for any combination of programs under this scholarship: five years.
- Each applicant shall:
- Possess a high school diploma or higher; have performed well at his/her most recent academic institution and be of good moral character.
- Be neither a Taiwanese national, nor an overseas Taiwanese compatriot.
- Have never enrolled in an educational institution in Taiwan for thesame level of degree as the current application.
- Not be an exchange student through an academic cooperation agreement between an overseas university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan.
- Have no record for being revoked a MOE Scholarship program or other government-sponsored scholarship.Recipients cannot accept any other R.O.C. government-sponsored scholarships or subsidies concurrently with this scholarship.
- For more information, please visit the Taiwan Scholarships and HuayuEnrichment Scholarships website at https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/.
- The MOE Taiwan Scholarship Program website http://www.edu.tw/BICER/
Ms. Yea Ling, Lau
Tel: +886 2 2236-8225 ext.4211
Fax: +886 2 2236-8593
- 01 February – 31 March (subject to change)